How to work with the power of crystalsAug 14, 2022
I have been friends with crystals since I was a little girl. Back then I didn’t really have any idea what a powerful tool they could be, I did however feel like they were magical in some way, I thought they were pretty and I liked how they vibrated when I held them.
I also get a LOT of questions about crystals from people. The most common questions are which ones to get and how to work with them. So, I thought I would create this blog to use as a handy reference guide of sorts to learn how to work with your crystals.
To understand how crystals work you need to understand that everything in the physical world is made up of energy, including us and everything has its own unique vibration. The same thing with crystals, they each have their own unique frequency and their own unique purpose.
There are a LOT of crystals that do different things, this blog would be an entire book if I tried to write about them all and to be honest it would be impossible to know everything about every crystal. Lucky for us there are lots of great crystal book resources out there.
Let's talk about working with your crystals
Working with crystals is actually a lot easier than you might think. Crystals are wonderful helpers and they love having jobs to do for you. Even if you just have crystals around you, they will naturally emit their energetic frequencies based on their natural properties. So for example a piece of selenite will clear the space it is in. Buuuut, if you want to increase their vibration and the power they have...activating them will do that.
The two key things to know about working with crystals
- They require regular cleansing
- They can be activated (programmed) to do specific jobs for you.
Clearing and cleansing your crystals
The first thing I recommend you do is ALWAYS clear your crystals when you first get them. You don’t know who’s energies they have picked up over their lifetime and you don’t know who may have intentionally put bad intentions into them during their lifetime (sadly there are people who do that).
Here are a couple of my favourite ways to clear and cleanse my crystals:
- Clearing them when you first get them: Place them in the direct sunlight and say to them that you are putting them in the sun to clear any energy from them that they have picked up over their lifetime, ask them to reset themselves to their natural highest vibration. (Certain crystals like amethyst will fade over time if they are left in the sun for long periods of time)
- Cleansing them between use: To do this, I like to light some incense or sage and pass the crystals through the smoke to energetically cleanse and release negativity. Incense like sandalwood or cedar, even sage incense rather than a smudge bundle.
Whatever method you decide to use, be sure to set the intention for the clearing or the cleansing to happen.
Many people recommend putting your crystals in water to clear and cleanse them, if you don’t fully understand the properties (which is why I recommend those books above) you can damage them. Certain crystals like selenite and malachite for example will dissolve in water. I have a beautiful hanksite crystal that I had placed outside on a full moon and it rained...it's been slowly dissolving :(
Activating (Programming) your crystals
Now to supercharge your crystals! Crystals love having a job to do for you, they are very open to your intentions and by giving them a specific job you increase their vibration.
- When you are ready to activate your crystals, take a few moments to ground and center yourself and your focus.
- Hold your cleansed crystal, connect with it by looking at it, feeling it, being aware of it you can even meditate with it.
- Set the intention “Crystal, I have a job for you, It is my intention that you hold your highest vibration to support me in…..(insert the job) for the highest and greatest good. thank you, thank you, thank you
Here is an example of the intention and job I gave to the rose quartz that I hold during client sessions:
“Crystal, I have a job for you, It is my intention that you hold your highest vibration to support me in the work I do. I ask that you amplify yourself as far as you can while I hold you and where you sit and that you infuse self-love and healing into whomever I am with as well as myself for the highest and greatest good, thank you, thank you, thank you”
You don’t have to use those exact words, do what feels right for you. The main thing when working with crystals is that your intention is clear.
Have fun with your crystals, and if you decide you want to give one a new job...just reset it and reactivate it.
Love and gratitude,
Become a money magnet!
Get instant access to my FREE Abundance Affirmation Bundle
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.