Self-Protective Patterns: A Conversation with Erin Tusa-Thatcher ep . 82
Big emotions can be difficult to “deal with” – especially when you’re young! (amiright?)
Maybe it’s overwhelm, anxiety, fear, or anger.
Whatever the discomfort….your body goes into a state of fight/flight/freeze. And your sympathetic nervous system goes on high alert. 🚨
In this personal, and profound conversation, I chat with Erin Tusa-Thatcher, an Integrated Health & Strength Coach who specializes in weight loss, by focusing on behaviour patterns and root causes of wellness habits.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in this episode:
- The experience of being bullied as a child, and how Erin turned to food to cope
- Erin’s audition for Canadian Idol, and being told: “you’ve got the goods, but you don’t look the part.”
- Erin’s unhealthy drive to prove her worthiness by “getting fit”
- The experience of looking healthy, but not feeling healthy
- Why Erin decided to become a personal trainer, and her unique take on weight loss
- When habits become hurtful – and how to get out of the “pain state”
- Reassessing the “why” behind wellness, and the importance of creating new metrics to align with your values
- Goodbye comfort food, hello meditation, energy work, and hypnosis
- “I am an onion!” - get your t-shirt now!
- Why Erin decided to open a brick-and-mortar fitness studio in this online-obsessed age
- It’s not selfish to lead with your authentic desires, and to seek pleasure
Want to listen on-the-go? Check out The Limitless Life Podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts!
Connect with Erin on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trainwithtusa/
Check out Rebel Performance on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rebelperformanceguelph/
Catch Erin as the co-host of the Health in Guelph podcast: https://www.instagram.com/healthinguelph_podcast/
What are you doing to prioritize your energy and your mindset?
My exclusive Limitless Life EXPANSION Community group coaching membership, is the place to be to learn subconscious and energetic strategies that will help you get crystal clear on what you want to create in your life and or business.
Connect with Brenda on instagram: @_brendajohnston